1. This contract reflects the verbal agreement. It shall include any terms agreed prior to its issue. No alterations may be made to this contract by hirer/contracted artistes/crisis cover entertainers without prior approval from the DJ. You agree that you are making a confirmed booking and entering into a contract which carries your acceptance, in full, of the booking terms.
2. In the event of the client wishing to cancel this contract agreement for any reason other than Act Of God or national disaster, any advance reservation payment will be forfeited. A cancellation fee of not less than 50% of the agreed fee will be due if the cancellation is within seven days of the performance. The whole of the agreed fee will be due if cancellation is within 48 hours of the performance.
3. You agree to our booking fee of £50 which is payable in advance to secure entertainment. The booking fee is deducted from the total payable and is non-refundable.
4. At the very latest the balance needs to be paid either by cash or a confirmed bank transfer to the DJ once equipment has been set up and sound check completed.
Please note we operate a ‘no pay, no play’ policy.
5. In the unlikely event that we are unable to attend personally due to accident or sudden illness, we shall endeavour to provide a suitable substitute at no additional charge to the client.
6. We will not be liable for failing to attend a booking, where the reason for non-attendance or late arrival is caused by adverse weather conditions, road closure, road traffic accident, vehicle breakdown, fuel shortages, acts of terrorism, industrial action, or other unavoidable circumstances deemed beyond our control. We will not be liable for any refund, in part or whole, where we are late accessing the venue and setting up because of earlier events over-running, or where we are prevented from accessing, setting up or providing our professional services by the venue management. Neither will we be obligated to provide an extension to the agreed timescale on a pro rata basis in these circumstances.
7. The client and venue will allow suitable time for the installation, dismantling and removal of equipment which can be up to 60 minutes each side of the booking times for the standard setups but may be longer for special requests or awkward access. We will not be liable for any additional charges levied to the client by the venue in relation to equipment assembly/removal timescales.
8. We require a minimum area of 1.5m deep by 3m wide for the standard setups. The client will ensure that safe and adequate power is available for equipment supply. (Minimum of 1 x 13amp socket located within 10m of performance area).
9. The client ensures that they have verified venue power sources are electrically safe and conform to the HSE EAW Act 1989, and amendments thereafter. Copies of the venue Electrical Installation Safety Certificate must be made available upon request under law.
10. The DJ agrees to provide proof of Public Liability Insurance and PAT certifications as required by the venue.
11. The client agrees to provide adequate supervision of guests and will ensure that venue management adequately supervises customers and staff on site premises. Please note: Where the function may include guests under the age of 16 years, the client or parent is responsible for the behaviour and safety of any minors attending the venue. The client will provide and maintain adequate adult supervision at all times. The DJ will not be liable for the supervision of minors.
12. Unwarranted abuse or threatening behaviour from the client’s guests, venue management or venue staff will not be tolerated and will result in the performance being terminated with no financial loss to the DJ.
13. The client agrees that compensation for any loss of or damage to the DJ’s equipment, vehicle or personal belongings caused by the client’s guests, venue customers or venue staff may be sought including any additional costs.
14. The client agrees that the confirmed entertainment start and finish times as specified in the invoice are accurate and correct. Any extension beyond the confirmed finish time is at the discretion of the DJ and the management of the venue and is chargeable at £40 per hour.
15. We will accept music requests not less than 3 days prior to the booking and will do our utmost to play the clients chosen requests. We are happy to take individual requests on the night providing we have them in the collection or can be legally downloaded. Please note that some songs may be difficult to source even with prior notice and it is impractical to hold every song or version ever produced.
16. During events, we reserve the right to photograph and video the equipment setup, the venue and the guests for the purposes of advertising. If there is any media that is deemed sensitive and you would like removed from the internet or social media please contact us.
17. GDPR Statement : Please note any information or contact details provided will not be used for any future marketing and will not be re-sold to any other businesses.
Information will be deleted once the event has taken place.
If you have any queries please get in touch, thanks…